A Lot Happened....




A Lot Happened....

A lot happened when our fingers grazed at first
You apologized and I put forth my trust.

A lot happened when you mocked my mistakes 
I was embarrassed & humiliated beyond repair.

A lot happened when you were annoyed
for I wasn’t attentive to what you asked of me.
I felt worthless from the fact that I disappointed you.

A lot happened when I dint see you around
I felt strangely powerless, b'cause I couldn’t hear your sound.

A lot happened when you let me be
And yet watched from far patiently.
I felt protected yet free.

A lot happened when you whispered sage words of advice.
I felt every word you pronounced  made me more wise.

A lot happened when you sided by me
defending my work, not letting it submerge in your glory.

A lot happened when you laughed at my innocence
I felt small, forgot the age difference.

A lot happened when you felt sorry, for you cudnt help
That you tried to compensate by tagging along.
As if you had to pay me some debt.

A lot happened when when you kept me close,
without bothering that you were making it obvious.
I needed that and you understood it at once.


A lot happened when my failures troubled you and triumphs brought pride
I felt accomplished never knew my existence mattered so much.

A lot happened when our fingers touched again & you dint apologize
We both noticed but none felt the need to say the word in disguise.

You were a mentor, a guide,a friend to confide.
A shield for my imperfections to hide.
Everything I wanted put in a sack,
It’s hard to accept you were never mine.

A lot happened in those unsaid unheard conversations we had
Emotions expressed so loudly words silenced automatically.
Something moved something touched you understood without explanations.
I fell in love and you made that happen even from a distance.
--Tejasvi Lotlikar--
                                                                                       

Comments

  1. I still remember the time you had shown me this poetry... Even then I had said just one word and even now I'll say just that one word.... WOW !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dear!!! please share... ur comments and suggestions encourage my work....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A request to readers

Dear reader, thank you for reading my article. Please let me know what you feel about them in the comments section below and don't forget to share them.

Popular Posts